What is a Community Association (Association)?
It is a non-profit organization, similar to a small city government, which is chartered with the State of Texas.  The main responsibilities are to govern the community through the recorded rules and regulations (Deed Restrictions), levy and collect assessments to pay for the services and facilities/amenities owned by the Association, and provide the services that are listed in the governing documents for the owners within the community.

Do I have to join the Association?
Membership in the Association is mandatory and automatic to all property owners within Westover Park.  When someone purchases a property in Westover Park, their property is already encumbered by the recorded Deed Restrictions; therefore, all obligations cited in the restrictions, as well as any state statutes applicable to associations, automatically apply.

Who runs the Association?
Your Association is governed by a Board of Directors (Board); there are three directors who are elected by the membership through a nomination and election process.  Any member who has not been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude may run for a Board position.  The Board serves in a voluntary capacity and does not receive compensation for their service.  With the exception of account questions, ALL inquiries should be sent to the Board of Directors using Contact Us

The Association contracts with a professional management company to perform the majority of the duties in the day-to-day operations of the association.  Contact the management company for account related questions. The management company is: 

Associa Houston Community Management Services 
18333 Egret Bay Blvd.
Suite 305
Houston, TX 77058

How can I get involved in the Association?
The Association has several committees which offer various opportunities for homeowners to become involved.  For general committee information, click here.  If you are interested, please let us know which committee you want to join by using the "Contact Us" selection and you will be contacted by the Board Liaison for that committee.    

How does the Association tell us what is going on?
The annual assessments and annual meeting notice are mailed to all property owners, as required by state statute.  All other community announcements, including Board meeting agendas, are sent via email through this website.  We ask all owners to register their email address and phone number with Associa.  All contact information for the members is kept confidential and not used for purposes other than association matters. With 1399 homes, it is not financially feasible to send out community updates and notices of Board meetings and community events by mail.

What if I rent or sell my house?
If you rent your home:
  • Update your contact and mailing information with Associa; otherwise, all notices, including annual assessment statements, will be mailed to your Westover Park address.  Each owner is responsible for updating the association with their current mailing address.
  • Provide your tenants with a copy of the deed restrictions and state in your lease agreement that they are responsible for abiding by all community rules.
  • If your tenant has a deed restriction violation, a letter will be sent to them and you. As the owner, you are ultimately responsible for the actions of your renters and any enforcement actions will be taken against you as the property owner.
  • If you have a rental home, decide whether you or your tenants will receive the pool wrist bands - we cannot issue these to both the tenants and absentee owner.
If you sell your home:
  • You still must pay your assessments.  The mortgage company should prorate your paid annual assessments as of the closing date and you should be refunded the prorated amount from the purchaser at the end of the year. 
  • The mortgage company will send Associa a copy of the top page of the conveyance documents to show the property was sold and when; Associa will then remove you as owner and add the new owner.
  • Please use Contact Us and ask to have your email address removed so you no longer receive email notifications.


Why do I have to pay annual assessments?
Each owner is obligated to pay their annual assessments.  The assessments provide the operating income to manage the Association and maintain its assets.  The assessments are billed out in November and are due January 1 of the upcoming year and deemed delinquent if not received in the account by January 31 of that upcoming year.  Assessments are billed in advance for the upcoming year and not in arrears.

Doesn’t my mortgage company pay the assessments?
The vast majority of mortgage companies do not escrow for association assessments.  They do not spend the time to locate the information on behalf of their mortgage company.  If you believe your escrow includes your annual assessments, please confirm that with your mortgage company and make sure they pay it on time on your behalf.

Can I set up a payment plan for my assessments?
Requests for payment plans are to be sent via email to [email protected] (put Westover Park Payment Plan in the subject line).  The Collection Department at Associa will review your request and respond accordingly.  Anyone who had an approved payment plan in the past and defaulted on that plan is not eligible for a new payment plan.

How do I pay my assessments?
See the Pay HOA Fees page for detailed instructions or to request your account/payment information.

If I don't use any of the amenities, do I still have to pay my assessments? 
The legal obligation to pay assessments, as cited in the recorded restrictions, is not tied to whether you use any of the Association’s amenities.  Everyone must pay the annual assessments.  They are not based on usage of amenities or services.

What happens if I don’t pay my assessments?
The Board has set forth a collection policy that is carried out by Associa.  Past due notices are sent to any delinquent account, a late fee is applied to the unpaid balance and continues to be added as long as the account remains unpaid.  If collection efforts are ignored, the account will be sent to the Association’s attorney for a legal demand letter and filing of an assessment lien.  If the account remains unpaid, it could result in legal action for a foreclosure suit.  All costs of collection are assessed onto the assessment account.

What are the services provided by the Association that my assessments go toward?

  • Operating and maintaining all of the amenities
  • Insurance for the Association’s common areas, physical property, general liability, Director and Officer Liability, Workers' Comp, Fidelity, etc.
  • Landscape maintenance of all common areas and extensive green belts
  • Pool management and maintenance
  • Maintenance of the lakes
  • Management company
  • Legal services when needed for corporate matters, collections, and rules enforcement
  • General administrative expenses
  • Utilities for common areas – water, electricity, and 911 phones
  • Property and income taxes


  • Two recreation centers, each with swimming pools and playgrounds: 321 Westover Park Avenue (RC #1) and 631 Westover Park Avenue (RC#2).
  • Two lighted tennis courts, also set up for Pickle Ball play.
  • A key is required for access to the tennis courts. The key is $15 and can be requested by completing the Request For Tennis Court Key and mailing it to Associa with a check payable to Westover Park Community Association for $15.  The key is then mailed to the resident.  Assessments must be paid current in order to purchase a key.
  • A Challenge Course Park with a Pro fitness course located at Hamilton and Livingstone Lanes
  • Open sports field to be used for soccer, general field type uses, outdoor parties
  • Numerous parks and playgrounds throughout the community
  • The pools are managed by a professional lifeguard company and are open weekends in May, full time 6 days a week during the summer and weekends through September – schedule is set based on the school district calendar. Pools are only open when lifeguards are on duty.  See Facility Hours for more information. 
  • Pools can be rented for private parties, outside of the published community swim schedule, from May through September. The Pool Rental Policy can be found here.  There is a rental fee and a lifeguard fee for private parties. Regarding requests for private pool parties – please go to the website at gulfcoastaquatics.com  then click on the Private Party tab and follow the instructions.  Information and rates are provided on that tab.  Inquiries are processed in the order received.  Email inquires will be responded back to the sender asking the sender to go the website.  Your assessments must be paid current in order to request a private party.
  • The Pool Rules and Access Form is available on the website under Forms. If you have not already submitted them, please email together (preferably as a PDF) to [email protected] in order to receive a key fob. You will receive an acknowledgement when received. 
  • An access control system has been installed at both rec centers which requires residents using the community pools to obtain a key fob for access. The key fob will work at both rec centers and will become disabled if assessments become delinquent, pool rules are violated, or a deed restriction violation becomes a legal matter.  The key fobs can be kept year-to-year for pool access. The first key fob is free but additional key ones or replacements are $25. This can be paid online through Townsquare or paid when picking up pre-ordered key fobs.


Where can I get a copy of the deed restrictions? 
The "Architectural Guidelines" contain a comprehensive list of the deed restrictions. The "Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions" also contain deed restrictions among other topics. Both documents are available in "Governing Documents." Click here.

How do I keep my property well maintained?
Yards and landscaping need to be maintained on a regular basis to promote an attractive, healthy condition. Exterior of homes need to be kept free of mold/algae buildup on brick and siding.  Driveways are not to be used for storing items such as trash cans, miscellaneous items, toys, hoses, buckets, etc.  Picnic tables, large toys, etc. are not to be stored in the front yard – the back yard is the appropriate place for these types of items.

How many trees do I need in the front yard?
All front yards must maintain at least one tree.

What types of vehicles can I park at my house?
Non-commercial vehicles that are currently licensed, street legal, and operable. No inoperable vehicles, trailers of any kind, RVs, boats, etc. may be parked on the driveway or in the street or on the property unless behind your wooden fence (and not visible above the fence).  Boats and RV type vehicles may be parked for a short duration: only to be able to pack them up for use or unpack them after use.

Can I park on the street?  
You may park your cars and trucks (for personal use vehicles only) on the streets since they are city streets; however, you should only park on the street if you cannot park on your driveway or inside your garage, and only for a short period of time.  Ongoing, routine street parking of residents’ vehicles is not permitted and causes unnecessary inconveniences, reduces positive curb appeal for the surrounding neighbors, and restricts safe traffic flow.

Can I report a street parked vehicle that is blocking my driveway or mailbox?
First report it online to the League City Police Department (LCPD) using the "Report an Issue" selection. LCPD enforces street rules and should come out, confirm vehicle ownership, and either talk to the owner or cite them for an applicable parking violation. Then report it to Associa by using the "Contact Us" selection to send the details of what address it belongs to, make, model, and license plate # - the same as you reported to the LCPD.

If my landscaping in the front yard beds has died or I want to update the beds, what do I need to do?

All homes are required to have a main landscape bed across the front slab area of their home and the plants need to be healthy, trimmed, and maintained along with keeping the beds free of weeds.  You should replace dead or missing plants and keep the beds weeded and mulched.  Note:  bamboo is discouraged to be planted anywhere on your lot – it is evasive to other yards and is very dirty as far as plant debris.

How do I report a possible violation at another property?
Use the "Contact Us" selection and report the suspected violation, including any details you have.  All reports are kept confidential and Property Management will follow up on the matter as appropriate.

What can I do about barking dogs?

Use the "Report an Issue" selection to report it to League City Animal Control as a Noise Violation.

If my fence backs up to a major thoroughfare (such as Westover Park Avenue), am I responsible for repair and/or replacement?
Yes.  All wooden fences surrounding properties (including those that back up to main thoroughfares such as Westover Park Avenue) belong to the homeowner and not the Association. As such, it is the homeowner's responsibility to repair/replace wooden fences as needed.

What type of fence is required?
Typical interior lots require wood fences of 6 feet in height to be constructed with quality (no used fencing) treated cedar and treated pine.

Wood fences shall be installed in 8 foot panels with finished side and exposed rails alternating along one common interior lot line to provide a uniform, attractive fence to each abutting property.

Is there a particular stain I must use for my fence?
Yes.  Fences must be stained with the following:
Brand: Ready Seal
Color:  Golden Pine

The Part # is 110 for the 1 gallon can and 510 for the 5 gallon can.

What types of plants/trees are allowed in Westover Park?
The following is a list of plant material considered to be appropriate for Westover Park.  Other plant material may be used, but priority should be given to plants from this palette. The use of golden euonymus, because of growth characteristics and susceptibility to disease, is discouraged.  Arbovitae, Italian cypress, junipers (other than ground cover varieties), yucca, cactus, and bamboo are not in character with the plant pallet, discouraged, and may be cause for rejection of plans. 

  • American Holly
  • Bald Cypress
  • Bradford Callery Pear*
  • Burr Oak
  • Cedar Elm
  • Chinese Pistache
  • Crape Myrtle*
  • Evergreen Chinese Elm
  • Evergreen Pear
  • Ligustrum
  • Live Oak
  • Loblolly Pine
  • Loquat
  • Magnolia
  • Majestic Indian Hawthorn
  • Parsley Hawthorn
  • Pecan
  • Photinia Tree
  • Red Bud
  • Red Oak
  • River Birch
  • Saucer Magnolia
  • Slash Pine
  • Sweet Gum
  • Texas Pistache
  • Tree Cottonwood (cottonless variety)
  • Water Oak
  • Yaupon

*Ornamental Trees